NORTHERN UTAH COALITION, Inc.
Providing a variety of services for people living with HIV/AIDS, services for Senior Citizens, and Young Adults
Participate in the 2020 Census.
Medicare support & Policy
Information and policy
Free HIV and Hepatitis-C testing
Senior Medicare Patrol
Information for Seniors
Northern Utah Coalition, Inc. • 727 – 24th Street, Suite 2 Ogden, Utah 84401 • (801) 393-4153
For more information contact Sarah McClellan, Project Director
Position: HIV and Hepatitis C Counseling and Tester • Part-Time (Four hours per week) at $15.00 per hour
The overall purpose of this position is to perform duties relating to the counseling and testing of clients regarding HIV and Hepatitis C infections under the supervision of the Project Director.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop risk reduction plans for all clients seeking HIV and Hepatitis C counseling and testing services.
- Refer and track clients in need of internal/external services.
- Conduct HIV and Hepatitis C testing utilizing universal precautions and conform to all state regulations regarding testing.
- Complete all documentation associated with testing activities within a pre-specified time frame.
- Prepare monthly and annually reports in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all files.
- This position requires successful completion and demonstration of Utah Department of Health HIV/ and Hepatitis C Rapid counseling and testing trainings.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required plus one year of experience in HIV/AIDS, education, or related field. A candidate who has no degree but seems exceptionally suitable will be considered if he/she can demonstrate additional years of relevant experience in exchange for the educational requirement.
- Must be knowledgeable about HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C prevention in diverse communities including among MSM (Men who has Sex with Men) of color, women of color, IDU (injection drug users, and persons who exchange sex for resources.)
- Proficient in computer skills using social media (Face Book, Twitter, Instagram etc.) to recruit clients for HIV and Hepatitis C counseling and testing, and share HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C information
- Cultural competence experience and dedication to serving the population of clients.
- The candidate must be comfortable and knowledgeable with discussing sexual intimacy frankly using everyday language.
- Competency in written and verbal communications.
Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferable
For your Information ...